Hello and welcome to our Australasian Stamp Of the Month Blog Hop. If you came from Meryl Cheetham at Mez’s Craft Room
you are in the right place.If you landed here by accident, no problem, please join in by following the link at the end of this post.
Today I would like to share with you a creation which features Close To My Heart’s MAY Stamp of the Month.
Why do we have cake? To celebrate birthdays, anniversaries, graduations, special achievements and other cultural events within schools and workplaces. It is the ultimate sharing of those special moments and we love snapping photos of those cakes too!
I love S1605 Celebrate with Cake for it’s versatility for any occasion and the opportunity to play with colour. While I normally share pages with you I was in the mood for some cardmaking so I have put together these two cards. I hope you like them.
To create these cards I have stamped the outline with Memento Black Ink and then applied clear heat embossing for a nice crisp black line that will not budge.(if you ware quick enough you will not need versamark) I have coloured with our water colour pencils using colours to coordinate with the background paper, Kaleidoscope.I blended with a little water on a paint brush and deepened colours at edges to help create the rounded look. I then fussy cut my cakes (therapeutic) and used foam tape to mount them to the Kaleidoscope background paper. I mounted these on Pixie card fronts measuring 5 1/2 x 4 1/4 inches to suit out Bulk Pack of card and envelopes. I added bling to my cards up with bitty sparkles.
Here is a closer look at the stamp set and each card
Tips and suggestions
- Use your scraps of white to stamp
- try variations in the layers – stamp all at once or stamp individual layers.
- Any paper and any colours would work. Use the colours listed on a zip strip as a guide.
- You could also Celebrate with cake by stamping directly onto patterned paper or even some watercolour background you have created!
- Just relax and enjoy the experiment with colour. (Yes one did go in the bin – I did not like it!)
- Try colouring with Shin Hanmarkers or watercolour paint
- Very excited to add to the supply list watercoloring pens! No more spilled water – check out thenew Seasonal Expressions for these.
This exclusive Celebrate with Cake SOTM is only available during MAY. It can be yours for just $7.50 with a qualifying order of $75 or for $27 if ordered separately from your CTMH consultant. If you do not have a consultant please contact me or place an order at The Creative Heart and be in the draw for Virtual Host rewards.
I’d love you to leave a comment before heading off to the next stop, Wendy Hopper – Expressions of the Heart
- S1605 Celebrate with Cake
- 3505 Watercolour Pencils
- x254 Bulk Cards and Envelopes
- z899 Memento Black Ink
- z2088 Clear Embossing Powder
- z3087 Green and z3024 white Shimmer trim
- z1997 Triangle Border Punch
- Z1151 Foam Mounting Tape
- x72027b Kaleidoscope paper collection