Sunraysia Scraps on the third Sunday every month!
You can have the time, space and freedom to create in a workshops.
Many of the people I meet say
- ‘I don’t have the time’
- “I don’t have the space”
- ‘I am not creative’
- ‘I have always wanted to do that but do not know where to begin’
- ‘I am no good with a computer’
All of these ‘can’ts’ can be turned into ‘cans’ in the warmth and supportive environment of a workshop. If you can relate to the value of telling your stories, preserving your photos, and sharing all of your work with loved ones but have too many roadblocks preventing you from getting started then try the simple commitment to a workshop and see what happens.
An extremely important part of my job is to provide the opportunities you need to be enabled to record, preserve and share your photos and stories. While Home based presentations and host rewards is one way I can do this Workshops go a step further providing you with ongoing service and support. They empower you to enjoy the art of creating scrapbooks or digital story books, the task of preserving photos and stories of the past for the benefit of future family members and add to your own sense of self worth and self esteem.
In a workshop you will:
- discover simple, fast and easy techniques to complete pages
- learn to be creative with the right tools, papers and products. The squashed freedom to create you had in childhood will come back out!
- give yourself permission to have the time and space to make a mess and create pages for scrapbook albums or cards or other papercrafts.
- play! Yes playing – it is great for the soul!
- develop confidence and kill the fear of your laptop if you choose digital options
- find that inspiration to have a go at something new
- have all of your efforts celebrated
- go home feeling great that you have done 1, 2, 5, maybe even 10 pages that will be appreciated by your loved ones
- learn to speed scrap and have a whole album done in no time
- discover the joy of journalling and reflecting on the past
- enjoy great company and form new friendships
- be a lucky winner of a door prize, a raffle or a challenge reward
I could go on but you get the idea! Workshops are FUN! You may feel you are not creative. That is OK – I will challenge that thinking! If preserving photos and stories is for you we will get them done.
When and Where are the workshops?
You are best advised to keep up with workshop offerings by being on my email list. I send a monthly newsletter and occasional workshop reminders.You can also follow me on Facebook and keep up with my Events Calendar there.
Sunraysia Scraps workshops are held at Sunraysia Masonic Centre, Fifteenth St Irymple. They are the result of a team effort of consultants in the Creative Hearts Team.
Event workshops provide the space for lots of scrapbookers! I invite you to share in my personal challenge to fill the space at the Masonic Centre! These days are combined events with other consultants joining in. Ideally we would have a huge room full of scrapbookers. The standard fee is $20 per person and includes a project of the day along with some free scrap time. During the year there may be some other special offerings. These events often coincide with the release of exclusive products and gifts from Close To My Heart. They include national Papercraft Month (January), National Scrapbook Month (May) and National Stamping Month (September)
You need to book in for a workshop to ensure your goodie bag is all prepared for you. Simply email me firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 0400253422 to get started. You will receive a supply list of what to bring.
I am looking into this area too – stay tuned for the opportunity to escape for a whole weekend of photo magic!
Use the contact form below to be included on my mail list. I send 1-2 emails per month.