Welcome to the letter C – CANVAS
For this hop we will be featuring the letter C. This may be the name of a paper, a stamp set or an embellishment. Whatever the crafter has chosen as their C element will be featured in their post. If you have just hopped onto my blog, please start at the beginning at Linda’s blog ~ Scrappy Therapy (link: found on signup doc) If you came from “Catherine Nowak ” then you’re on the right track!
I used to be a painter and I have had a growing fondness of mixed media art. I decided to tackle my little 6×6 inch canvas form CTMH. I also have the wonderful new Ariana paper and complements which were perfect for this photo and the message I wanted to convey on my canvas ‘Be YOU’ ans laugh. I am very fortunate to have had a friend take photos of me tossing leaves in a sunny autumn day an yes I really was laughing like a little girl!
I began this project of course just with the blank canvas, the sentiment from the Ariana Complements and a photo. I grabbed coordinating B and T Duo and cardstock, the zip strip sentiment which is at the bottom of the canvas, the embellishments that came with the Ariana WOTG and my inks.
One thing I love about this canvas is that it is not primed pure white. Instead it has a gorgeous natural colour akin to colonial white. However I am not one for plain backgrounds!
I trimmed my photo and double mounted it on Ariana B and T duo, and Ariana Grey card stock. I cut some dovetailed embellishments from the strip in the complements set and leftovers after completing the WOTG pages. I carefully trimmed the Zip Strip so the words were centered and the bling is from the Black and Grey epoxy bubbles pack. Ok now we are set to stick it all down.
The bottom layer – photo, zip strip, one dovetail are adhered with Memory book Glue Dots The next layer – the Be you, and another dovetail have been mounted with foam tape so they have that dimension. The little bow has its own adhesive already. Voila. Done an dusted in under 30 minutes. The hardest part was choosing the photo!
Ariana is a beautiful new addition to our collection. Be sure to ask your consultant about it!
If you would like to attend one of my classes please contact me.
Ariana WOTG or Paper pack + Assortment
Inks: Sweet Leaf and Whisper
Your next stop on our Everything ABC’S blog Hop is ” Stephanie ” of ” Quilted Scrapper”.
Here is the complete lineup in case you get lost along the way 🙂
1. Linda Norman – Scrappy Therapy- http://www.scrappytherapy.com/2014/02/everything-abc-blog-letter-c.html
2. Lauren Moore- CTMH Craftings
3. Catherine Nowak – CatScrapbooking http://catscrapbooking.com/2014/02/08/everything-abcs-blog-hop-c/
4. Jenny Gilbert Jen’s Creative Classroom https://jensdigiscrap.wordpress.com/2014/02/08/abchopletterc
5. Stephanie Feist-Quilted Scrapper-http://quiltedscrapper.blogspot.com/2014/02/everything-abc-blog-hop-c-is-for-card.html
6. Michelle Battitori – http://michelleshandmadeworld.blogspot.com/2014/02/everything-abc-blog-hop-c.html
7. Shalana Glass – Scrappin with Shalana http://scrappinwithshalana.blogspot.com/2014/02/the-everything-abcs-blog-hop-featuring.html
8. Wendy Kessler – http://www.myscrapbookingblog.com/2014/02/08/everything-abcs-blog-hop-c