Hello everyone, I have been promoting and helping people use Studio J because of the #ctmhlucky5 promotion, but not everyone can make it in person to my studio for a free lesson. I wonder if this is you?
Thank goodness we live in a digital world! I made a video last night that will walk you through getting started for both an express collection page and a kit mix page.You can view this video now, or use it once you are ready to make a start. See more tips and links below!
Here are some pages I have made. I love that we have an enormous range of coordinating pre-designed papers in Studio J. You really can find just the right colours for your photos! (you can change the colour if it is not quite right too!)
Get Fancy and do your own thing and submit it to Close To My Heart using the lucky 5 competition tag #ctmhlucky5 on Facebook and Instagram. Choose your kit, select no limits, fill the wells with your background paper and start building your pages! I explain a little about how I achieved this page in the caption below.
Top 10 tips
- Spend some time editing and ‘fixing’ photos before you upload them so your Studio J experience is ‘express’ as much as possible.
- Decide which photos you would like to work with. in Studio J – put them in an easy to find folder on your computer. You can remove them once you are done (or move them to your long term storage place)
- Upload around 20 at a time. More will slow everything down too much. The maximum number of photos you can use for a single project is 150. Be prepared to start a whole new project if you need more pages.
- Be prepared to go and get a coffee or pat your dog or cat in the initial minutes of using Studio J. I can seem to be very slow. (I do not do slow!) Once the loading of photos, papers and layouts is done your computer has temporary files that call them up more quickly next time. So it does get faster!
- Once you get started relax and enjoy working with the set layouts first. Once you are comfortable with the layout of the program and feel you know where everything is you can start to make some variations.
- Use studio J for full size prints! Or use a No Limits layout and start from scratch with papers as in my roses example above. If you are a photoshopper, or use another digital scrapbooking program, you can create some amazing artwork and upload it to the no limits option in Studio J and have your awesome design printed! Right now this photo quality printing only costs you $5 per double page. You can’t beat that price even at its normal price!
- Use studio J for mini album printing and odd size photos! There is in the express collection a series of layouts with pages filled with wells for you – 2×2, 3×3 4×4 6×4 and 6×8 are provided. You also have a no limits option in the kits section. You can change these photo wells to whatever size you like and add more of your own using the add photo well function. Do a 5 x 3 photo if you like or as I have in the example below 6 x 12 photos which look just awesome on a hand made page.
- Use your laptop and Studio J anywhere! Your only limit is the speed of the internet. A good high speed connection is always recommended. Note – ipads and tablets currently can’t access Studio J. Is there and app? Maybe it is coming….
- Interweave your digital layouts with your paper scrapbooking. You can even use some of the buttons, metals or stickease on spare space in a photo print page and use them to embellish a hand made page later.
- Share and follow #ctmhlucky5 When you order prints you get your digital files free. 2 of these are downloaded. One is full size, the other web size. Use the web size to share socially on facebook, pinterest, twitter and instagram. Don’t forget to share with the #ctmhlucky5 hashtag if you wish to be a CTMH lucky winner!
Have fun! Good luck and be sure to give us a shout out if you happen to be a golden ticket winner! Remember #ctmhlucky5 !!!