It’s The Little Things
Hello and welcome aboard our Stamp of the month Australasian Close to My Heart Blog Hop. If you have arrived here from Lauren Moore – CTMH Craftings then you are in the right place. If you landed here by accident, no problem, please join in by following the link at the end of this post.
I Love SPRING, and flowers! Don’t you? I can see these lovely flowers adorning gifts of all sorts as well as Spring Racing Carnival Pages if you are lucky enough to be heading off to a Melbourne Cup celebration. Here is a nice relaxing project I have made with this stamp of the Month. I hope you enjoy it.
Two little gifts which feature November Stamp of the Month S1411 It’s The Little Things available exclusively throughout November for $27 or for just $5 when you spend $75. One is a Slate Designer Creations Bag Z2053, the other is the Slate Designer Crreations Paper Bag Z2036
We all have a scrap bin right? With LITTLE THINGS …little bits of paper in it! This stamp set is perfect for using up some of those scraps! You can stamp tone on tone, stamp colour on white, Rock n Roll, do overstamping, grab your spray pens Z1380 and reinkers and try a little over spraying, or even get out your Watercolour pencils 3505!
Let the little girl who loved to colour in come out to play here!
I did do a lot of spraying on my leaves to get texture. I sprayed in green with a little of that pearl paint we no longer have (but want back) and some darker olive green – or was that black? (Our black reinker has a green base so I often use that) I hope you can see this helped add some texture to the foliage pieces.
If you follow my blog, or come to my classes you will know about the dress rehearsal step. I played with those flowers and nothing seemed to work for me until I supported them with simple white cardstock. Then like magic the two gift wrappings came together.
Here is what I did.
- I used card measuring 3 x 3 1/4.
- I stamped the sentiment Just for you top on one and bottom on the other just so you can see you can very this too.
- I have a band of Silver Shimmer Trim supporting this.
- Next layer the flowers out until the arrangement is appealing.
- Take a photo of it! . (I love that we can do this in the modern world!)
- Slide all the pieces off and start adhering them using the photo as a guide. You won’t have to remember where they went! Some are adhered flat with EZ dots adhesive. Some are mounted with 3D Foam Tape.
- Bling it up – pop in some Thistle striped ribbon, coloured Bitty sparkles (Use our Shin Han Twin Touch markers) and some other bling gems.
Fill your little goodie bags with your gift – My Slate Paper Bag contains a handful of Mentos. The Slate Button Bag has a lovely Bath Bomb. (I had to include it in the photo because it is like the flowers I had been stamping!)
Close To My Heart Products used in these projects
- S1411 It’s The Little Things Stamp of the Month
- Slate Designer Creations Bag Z2053,
- Slate Designer Crreations Paper Bag Z2036
- spray pens Z1380
- Watercolour pencils 3505
- Inks– Pacifica, Sky, Outdoor Denim, Hollyhock, Blush, Gypsy, Topiary, Sweet Leaf, Canary, Black
- Cardstock Sky, Hollyhock, White, Sweet Leaf, Canary
- Marvy Uchida Le Pen Journalling Pen Z1979
- Thistle Diagonal Striped Ribbon Z1990
- Bitty Sparkles Z1263
- Shin Han Twin Touch Markers
November Stamp of the Month S1411 It’s The Little Things available exclusively throughout November for $27 or for just $5 when you spend $75. with your CTMH consultant. I’d love you to leave a comment before heading off to the next stop, Sue’s Blog, Patricia Manhire – Patricia Manhire’s Creative Corner